Skating Student and Parents / Guardian Reminder
- 1. Enrollment
- 1.1 Enrollment and course payment must be completed on or before the 1st lesson of the course. Otherwise, student will not be arranged to any session of lessons.
- 1.2 If student chooses to settle course fee by cheque, please prepare separate cheque for each 1 course and each 1 student ONLY. Cheque(s) should be payable to “The Rink Limited” (Except Festival Course, Summer Course, Holiday Ice Experience, Introductory Course & Walk-in lesson)
- 1.3 For re-enrollment of regular 5-lessons course and the ease of new course and lesson sessions arrangement, students are recommended to re-enroll during either the 4th or 5th lesson of current course attending.
- 1.4 Settled course payment is not refundable if lesson sessions are confirmed and registered at the skating school.
- 1.5 The type / nature of course is not changeable and settled course payment is not transferable to other parties if lesson sessions are confirmed and registered at the skating school.
- 1.6 All Regular 5-lessons Courses must be completed within 6 weeks only from the time of enrollment after which the balance will be forfeited. No refund or re-schedule for forfeited lesson.
- 1.7 The skating school has the right to suspend a course for further student collection due to insufficient number of students for particular course type. The suspension of course can be exceptional only under the agreement between the skating school management and the coach. The skating school has the right to request for, or the student can request to pay a higher fee for another course type which is ready to start.
- 1.8 Our skating school reserves the final decision right on the class size by level and age of students.
- 2. Attending Lesson
- 2.1 Please arrive 15 minutes before the lesson started. Neither further arrangement of lesson nor make-up class for late comer.
- 2.2 All The Rink Ice Rink Skating School Students exempt the entrance fee. But if students do not have personal skater, students must need to pay the Skate Rental fee upon paying the lesson fee(HKD20 per pair per lesson). Please timely contact our school for registration after pursuing your own skates.
- 2.3 Within our daily business hours, students who are enrolled with lessons can enjoy free practice time no more than 120 minutes before the lesson and no more than 120 minutes after the lesson. The rest of the time students can enjoy a 50% discount of the normal skating fee. Deducted value is non-refundable when students forget to tap their Octopus Card before lesson.
- 2.4 Students must bring along the Registered Octopus Card for check-in the lesson.
Students must wear long sleeves sportswear, thick stockings and gloves.
- 3. Octopus Card
- 3.1 Students and one parents or Guardian attending lesson must bring along with his/her Octopus card attendance registration (except make-up lessons). The Octopus card must be the same one registered at the skating school during enrollment.
- 3.2 Student should register his/her attendance 15 minutes before the lesson started.
- 3.3 The Rink Skating School students must enter the ice rink with their registered Octopus. An administrative fee of HK$50 will be charged for changing the registration of another Octopus. (Each student is only allowed to register ONE Octopus)
- 4. Cancellation of Lesson
Regular 5-lessons Course
- 4.1 Students of PRIVATE LESSON should inform Skating School 1 day (before 9pm) before the lesson day for course cancellation or re-scheduling. Students still need to complete the course within 6 weeks only no matter there is cancellation or re-scheduling of lesson(s);
- 4.2 If student take the sick leave on the lesson day, please inform the skating school 2 hours before the lesson cancel and present the copy of medical certificate on the next lesson day. No rescheduling request will be accommodated. All regular 5-lessons Courses are allowed to skip one time only. Otherwise, students are required to pay Walk-in prices.
- 4.3 Semi-Private Course, Group Course and Stroking Course lessons will be conducted as scheduled once payment is made (Student is allowed to skip one time per 5-lesson only). No rescheduling request will be accommodated. Absentee students forsake all missed lessons. There will be no refund for forfeited lessons.
- 4.4 Festival Course, Summer Course, Holiday Ice Experience, Introductory Course will be conducted as scheduled. No rescheduling request or sick leave will be accommodated.
- 4.5 Students of Walk-in lesson should inform Skating School 1 day (before 9pm) before the lesson day for course cancellation or re-scheduling. Students need to complete the course within 2 weeks only no matter there is cancellation or re-scheduling of lesson(s). Skating School is not accepted any cancellation on the lesson date (included sick leave). No rescheduling or refund for any absentee.
- 5. Typhoon Signal and Rainstorm Warning
- 5.1 In case of Typhoon Signal No.8 or Black Rainstorm Warning Signal being hoisted after 9am, the lesson started shall be continued. Otherwise, all lessons of the course shall be postponed by 1 week. Unless, under the agreement between the skating school management, the coach and the student, skating lesson can still be carried out within 2 hours from the time typhoon signal or rainstorm warning hoisted.
- 5.2 All lessons shall be cancelled if Typhoon Signal No. 8 or Black Rainstorm Warning hoisted before 9am. Lessons will be resumed 2 hours after the above signals cancelled
- 6. Disclaimer
- 6.1 Since accidents may occur during all recreational activities, and both beginners and high-level skaters are exposed to the risk of injury in the ice rink owing to the miscalculation of themselves or other skaters. Interested parties should therefore read the disclaimer displayed in The Rink’s facilities and understand the risk of the ice skating activities before enrollment.
- 6.2 Students must read and comply with the accident disclaimer and skating safety rules and regulations for skaters before lessons start.
- 6.3 Parents or Guardian are recommended to accompany their children during the lessons and at all times in the rink. Parents or Guardian are also recommended to collect their children at the entrance of the rink when each lesson ends.
- 6.4 The rink operator, owners and management cannot be held responsible for any loss or injuries during lessons.
The Rink reserves the final right to exercise the above clauses if any disputes.
All information is subjected to change without prior notice.